Welcome our Summer 2019 Archaeology Interns

Hi! My name is Rick Butler and I am the new summer archaeology intern here at Strawbery Banke. I am a graduate student the University of Massachusetts Boston in the Historical Archaeology program. I am originally from Springfield, Massachusetts and did my Bachelor's degree at DePaul University in Chicago, Illinois. I worked in cultural resource management in Illinois for a few years primarily in the Forest Preserves of Cook County.  I have also worked on projects in New England, The Bahamas, and Scotland.  I have a strong interest in public archaeology and hope to gain a better understanding of how archaeological data can be used to inform historic interpretation for a diverse audience while here at Strawbery Banke.

Hello, I'm Callie Pray. I'm the archaeology intern this dig season at Strawbery Banke. I'm currently an archaeology and history student at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland, and will be graduating next summer with a Master's degree. I'm excited to return to my hometown to work in a place that took up a large part of my childhood, and to show visitors why archaeology is not only cool, but important too! I'm currently the Dig Chief of the Edinburgh University Archaeology Society, and have previously sat as the secretary and held other committee positions on the Edinburgh Archaeology Outreach Project. I believe that education and public outreach are vital components of archaeology -- our work is only important if it's shared with everyone!

Comments