Summer 2020 Archaeology Intern



Hello! My name is Maisie Bernstein and I am the archaeology intern this summer at Strawbery Banke. I am entering my senior year at Skidmore College where I am getting my BA in Anthropology and Classics. I am very interested in archaeology as a source of giving voices to people through objects who might not have had a voice through written documents. I am from Newton, Massachusetts from where I will be working remotely. Last summer I worked as a research assistant at the Tang Teaching Museum on Skidmore’s campus where I conducted object-based research on Native American art pieces. During the year, I work as an Archaeology Lab Assistant and a Peer Academic Coach at Skidmore. I am very excited to grow this summer as an archaeologist, even if remotely, and be able to learn more about the intersection of archaeology and museums.

Comments